Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Tale of Two Kitties

Our frogs Toado and Ribbit lasted 5/7 days. They now rest peacefully in the backyard. We decided to move on to a useful pet that could help take care of other pets we didn't want-- mice. I've never been a fan of cats-- but I thought it would grow on me if we started from a kitty. So, we took a stray kitty off the hands of my brother. We named her Delilah. We had her just long enough to get attached to her. Charli threw her off the deck on to the driveway on day 2. But, she survived. However, she decided to hide in the engine of the car after about a month. Johnny drove away . . . and when he came back . . . the cat was lying in the tire tracks. It was a very sad day for Johnny because I wouldn't talk to him for the whole day and I spent the entire day crying. He felt so guilty- that he went out and got another cat the next day. We named kitty #2 Dora-- (it was that or banana pants?) She was almost her twin. Dora was thrown off the deck by one of Charli's friends, but she survived. Dora went riding on the rooftop of the car, but luckily I saw it just in time and was able to call Johnny and tell him to take the cat off the car. We still have her... and she is doing an excellent job of catching mice. We have not had any in the house so far! Yea!




No comments: